My Account Sign In
Comfort, Reliability and Performance
The many benefits of natural gas make it an environmentally responsible energy choice for your home.
- Today's natural gas furnaces feature technology that boosts efficiency to save money and improve comfort.
- Gas water heaters deliver up to twice the hot water in the same amount of time as an electric water heater.
- A natural gas dryer is more efficient. It can dry two loads of towels in the same time it takes an electric dryer to handle one load.
- Patterned after professional models, today’s gas ranges offer even cooking, high-output burners and super-low simmer settings.
- Gas furnaces typically last twice as long as electric heat pumps.
- Gas fireplaces and logs, grills and outdoor lights are attractive and low-maintenance.
- Natural gas is the best choice for pool and space heating and backup power generation.
- Natural gas is more efficient than electricity. More than 90 percent of the energy in natural gas is delivered directly to your home, while less than a third of the energy used to make electricity gets to your home.
- Natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel. Burning natural gas produces 44 percent less carbon dioxide emissions than coal and 22 percent less than fuel oil, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Natural gas reduces your carbon footprint. Switching to natural gas appliances can reduce your home’s carbon footprint by as much as 40 percent. Try this handy carbon calculator.
- Choosing natural gas promotes energy independence. There is an abundant domestic supply—more than 100 years at current production rates.