We Put Our Energy Here
We believe that part of our corporate responsibility is to give back to our communities, and our philanthropic focus is designed to make a meaningful impact in the community we serve.
Here are just a few examples of our charitable giving contributions in 2016:
- $20,000 donation to Hampton Roads March for Babies
- $10,000 donation to the Chesepeake Bay Foundation for field education programs
- $20,000 donation to the Nature Conservancy
- Financial support for An Achievable Dream, a nationally-recognized K-12 program dedicated to the belief that all children can learn and succeed regardless of their socioeconomic background.
- $2,500 to the Elizabeth River Project in support of Learning Barge Field Trips
- Donation to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center Foundation that will help Marsh Pavillion continue to be a resource to the community.
- We have joined the Nature Conservancy in its push to restore a key piece of the Southeast's environmental heritage – the longleaf pine. As one of the key partners in the region, Virginia Natural Gas in the last two years contributed $30,000 to support these efforts in southeastern Virginia, including the harvesting of native longleaf cones and the propagation and planting of the seedlings.
Areas of Focus
To make the most meaningful impact in our communities, Virginia Natural Gas focuses on these distinct areas of giving:
- Energy Assistance: We support programs which primarily help low-income households and low-income senior citizens afford their natural gas energy consumption. These programs include weatherization projects and emergency energy assistance.
- Education: With an emphasis in literacy, math and science, this support includes public secondary schools (K-12); public and private colleges and universities.
- Environmental Stewardship: We support projects such as clean air, conservation, and greenspace.
- Community Enrichment: We support programs specific to minority leadership, women leadership, arts and culture, business leadership and/or economic development.