As mandated by federal and state regulations and as an important part of our safety and maintenance programs, Virginia Natural Gas periodically conducts a physical survey of our natural gas mains, service lines and meter sets. Sometimes this includes the interior gas piping in your home or business up to the meter.
If you recently received a postcard and/or door hanger at your premises, we were attempting to gain access to our meter set to perform a maintenance check. A representative from our company or our contractor checked a portion of our service line on your property and was unable to gain access to your house, building or fenced area to complete the survey.
By leaving a postcard and/or door hanger at your premises, we are not indicating that there is an issue at your premises. However, we do need to gain access to the natural gas meter to complete our maintenance check. Failing to provide access may cause your service to be interrupted.
If we do not hear from you within thirty days of the final attempt indicated on the door hanger and/or postcard, your natural gas service will be subject to interruption.
**If there is inclement weather the day we have scheduled to come to your premises, we will reschedule for another day.
Tips to Help Complete the Maintenance Check
- Locked Gate/Fence/Meter Under House -- Please leave the gate/fence unlocked for the indicated Saturday visit.
- Dog -- Please have your dog moved away from the meter set and ensure the dog is unable to approach the technician.
- Excess Vegetation or Trash/Debris -- Please remove the hindrance prior to the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.
- Construction -- Please provide a clear path to the meter.
- Meter Inside -- Please be available at the premise either the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.